Calendar Poodle SAL

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Hi friends! I want to share with you a special package I received from our friend Nienke. But first look at this sweet card she has made me. It is just precious!
Now I will show you her most generous,awesome gifts!
Linen and ribbon and floss, oh my! Two patterns! The LHN "Blessed" pattern is one I have wanted for years actually. I RARELY purchase patterns. At this time, the money is just not there. So what a blessing this is!!  There are three rustic, metal ornaments that Nienke also gifted me. I plan to stitch sweet patterns to insert into these forms. Thank you Nienke! ♥

You know how pets are. While you set things up for picture taking for the blog, they have to come investigate. Well Murphy came and sniffed all these gifts out, then promptly hopped in my lap.


I finally got in to that Orthopaedic Surgeon. Of course when you wait one month, the symptoms almost go away, right? Well, he brought the pain in my wrist back with the exam!!! And my neck hurts worse than before. After x-rays and the exam, he has decided I have tendonitis (in my lower forearm) and a pinched cervical nerve. He prescribed physical therapy. So I have begun pt again. I went back to the same therapist who helped me so much with my SI joint. Basically my shoulders are tight and drawn forward, pinching a nerve that runs down my arm. I have a strong feeling I am going to need to reposition myself while stitching. We will see what I learn.

I am in the process of assembling Murphy ornaments. I made 4 total. The kids will take their Christmas ornaments with them some day. I wanted a Murphy also!

Have a super weekend my friends!

Stitching and praying,
Vickie



20 comments:

Purple Pixie Dust said...

What a lovely card and gifts, so nice of your friend. hope your nerve gets better. take care hugs

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Oh sweet little Murphy. I love how he never lets a good opportunity for a nap go to waste. He's my kind of pal! Oh how kind of Nienke to send such lovely gifts. I know you will enjoy stitching them. I am rather taken with that snowman card. I am gonna have to look up that pattern....you know me and snowmen! :)

Wishing you a lovely day sweet friend. :)

Jacqueline Morris said...

Beautiful card and gifts... Really lovely of her to do that... Lovely kind hearted person, so many in blog land :)
Oooh yes!! Brilliant, a little sweet Murphy to go with the others, I am sure your family will cherish them all for many years with find happy memories.
Oh my...so sorry your still suffering, I do hope things ease for you soon.
Happy early weekend :)
Smiles :)

marly said...

I feel bad that you have so much trouble and pain. If your PT helped so much before, hoping you'll have the same outcome with this issue.

Barbara said...

Murphy is such a sweetheart. You found a great love there. I love all the "goodies" you received....have fun!

Hugs

gominam said...

Beautiful package you received. I hope you feel better soon with the therapy. Your pup is soo adorable:)

Christina said...

Oh what a lovely goodies you received. The card is too cute. I'm sorry to hear that you are in pain again. My continued prayers going out to you. I hope your physical therapist will be able to help you.

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

What a lovely package t receive.Murphy looks o content:)
I hope pt eases your pain Vickie

Julie said...

How lovely your special gift and card are. I don't buy charts unless I am going to stitch them immediately, there s way too much sitting in a drawer awaiting attention. Good luck wth the new exercises. Xx

Manuela said...

Hello Vickie,
what a wonderful gift from your friend.
Greetings, Manuela

Mii Stitch said...

Ooh Christmas has started early for you :)
What lovely card & gifts you have received!!

Penny said...

That was a special package! Such a cute card, but I'm partial to snowmen/snowpeople. Murphy looks very comfy. :) I'm so sorry about your pain. Hoping the therapist will be able to help.

De borduurvrouw said...

I am sorry to hear you're in such pain and hope that the therapy helps. Glad you like the package! Love and greets, Nienke

Justine said...

Lovely gifts and such a beautiful card too! Hope you feel better soon.

Andrea said...

Such beautiful gifts and a cute card. Hoping the pt will sort you out soon. I know when I go to my chiropractor, I hate going but know it does me good in body, mind and spirit. Take care and have a good weekend.

Sally said...

What wonderful gifts Vickie.

I hope your PT helps you with your pain. Gentle hugs.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Enjoy your new goodies! And I really hope you feel better soon, Vickie

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Oh no...I'm sorry to read about your pain. I have had the same problem in the past. Stitching with a floor stand cured my arm problem and my hunching/curving the back and shoulders problem. At night I sleep with an arm brace on when my wrist/elbow really ache. That seems to help me, keeping them immobilized through the night.

Brigitte said...

A wonderful gift from your friend.
Sorry that your pain is back. But I hope that the PT will help you a lot.

Maggee said...

I hope that the PT helps with these new developments! I really like all the gifts you received... very sweet! I look forward to seeing what you do with those little frames! They are perfect for your tiny stitches! Murphy is a sweet addition to your family, isn't he? Hugs!