Calendar Poodle SAL

Friday, October 2, 2015

23

Hi friends! I got a surprise package in the mail Wednesday! Yippee! Our friend Angela made me a lovely, pink box! Take a look.
Isn't the fabric she lined it with gorgeous? Thank you Angela. So kind of you! I will find a special use for it. :)

This is where I am at on stitching Henry.
I have had to do less stitching this week, as my right wrist has been hurting. I have been reading The Story Keeper by Lisa Wingate. I just happened upon this book at our library. It is a very good read thus far. I can tell you I will be reading more books by this author. So glad I found her. I continue to read the Holy Bible daily. What a blessing this is to my life. I am also reading many spiritual writings. Lots of reading!

Brian and I celebrate our 23rd anniversary tomorrow. We went back to Hartford, the town we lived in almost 8 years ago now. My idea. I thought it would be simple and nice to go back to a great bakery there, a few thrift shops and then lunch at a great coffee shop we went to once in a while when were lived there. We had a nice time together. Here are some pictures I took on our country drive north. These were all taken less than 20 minutes from our home. (We didn't move that far south. ;)
I hope you have a wonderful weekend my friends!

Kindness places the other ahead of ourselves. Be kind.

Stitching and praying,
Vickie

26 comments:

KimM said...

What a lovely surprise from Angela!! And such a lovely day- congrats on your anniversary. Take care
xxx

Barbara said...

Love the pink box and Happy Anniversary to you and your husband. I am so familiar with the hex signs on barns it's very nice to see them again.

Angela Tucker said...

Good morning, Vickie. You are very, very welcome. Nice people need surprises, too. Your day trip sounds wonderful. It is great to get dressed up and head out for a night on the town, but I enjoy the simple times more. I've been married almost 35 years and would rather have a quiet lunch at the coast with my husband.

Your pictures are great...I love that first barn. We don't put pretty stuff on the outside of the barns in my area.

Justine said...

Happy anniversary! We celebrated our 9th last week. Angela's gift is beautiful, you deserve it.

Beth said...

Happy anniversary! The barn photos are wonderful.

Cathy said...

Happy Anniversary! Your stitching of Henry looks so good. His face is so full of personality!
Cathy
CraftyCat

Isadarena said...

What a lovely post vickie :)
Happy Anniversary !!!
Wishing you a nice week-end,
Isa

Dotty's Daughter said...

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary. Henry is looking lovely.xx

Ranae said...

Happy 23rd anniversary and many many more.
Love the pink box and henry is looking handsome as ever. Have a great weekend!

Manuela said...

A wonderful gift from Angela.
Henry looks great.
Happy 23rd anniversary.
Have a nice weekend, Manuela

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Happy Anniversary to you both. Lovely pink box and great progress on Henry too. He's a handsome chap.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

And well done on finding a poodle anniversary card too! Or did you make it yourself? It is perfect either way.

Margaret said...

I'm behind on blog reading -- ack! Love your Henry! Why is it that he looks like Henry and your other looked like Mabel? It's amazing! Nice box from your friend too. Happy anniversary! Loved seeing the pics of your travel back in time. (I'm continuing prayers for Cucki...)

gominam said...

Happy anniversary! What a nice trip down memory lane:) That is very sweet of Angela, that's a very pretty box:)

C Reeder PhxAz said...

You should stitch something for the top of that box. It's so pretty and the lining is gorgeous. Happy anniversary to you both. Ours is next week - 40 years.

Анна Гончарова said...

Прекрасное сообщение! Мне все очень понравилось!

Ele said...

Congratulations on your anniversary. Thank you for sharing those lovely photos.
What a sweet box you received, how kind of angela to send it!
Lovely progress on your stitching too
Have a relaxing weekend

Unknown said...

Dear Vickie ,
everything , all my love to your 23 anniversary with Brian . This is truly a remarkable time . The gift of Angela is really nice , I am pleased with you . Henry is growing and I think you can do it now very well reflected in your image .
wish you a good time
Greetings Sandra

Sally said...

What a beautiful gift from Angela. It is so pretty.

Henry is looking lovely.

Happy Anniversary to you and your DH!

Catherine said...

Happy Anniversary!! Looks like you had a beautiful day! Such a sweet gift from Angela!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Happy Anniversary! Beautiful stitching, and that's a lovely box from Angela. Enjoy! :D

Annette-California said...

Belated Happy Anniversary! Beautiful gift pink box from Angela! What a lovely surprise. Darling new poodle your stitching.
love Annette

Mii Stitch said...

Love your Henry stitching!!! It is so so cute!
Great box too, I'm sure you'll soon find a good use for it :)

Julie said...

A lovely trip for your anniversary down memory lane, such a nice are you lived in.
Super box from Angela.

Maggee said...

Nicely finished box by Angela! Perfect in pink for you! Congrats on your anniversary! Sounds like a pleasant day for you to spend together... Hugs!

Brigitte said...

Happy belated wedding anniversary, Vickie. You made your day a very special day.