Calendar Poodle SAL

Friday, August 7, 2015

Off To The Fair

Hi friends! Today is the day I have been waiting for. We will head off to the the Wisconsin State Fair soon. First thing we will do is head to the Craft Pavillion to check out the cross stitch entries. Don't worry, I will let you know if I won any ribbons. ;)

Would you like to see what our little craft club of three has been up to? I cannot show you my stitching, as it is gift stitching. Here is a picture of what Emerson has accomplished.
Yes, a sock! He made tube sock. While he is happy with the results, he now wants to move onto a flap and gusset sock. He says he may come back and make a second tube sock later. ;)

Here is what Madeleine is knitting.
A sweater for little Henry. :) This is her second piece. The first one she finished she was unhappy with, so she has begun again. Good for her! She abandoned the whole scarf project. She did not even want a scarf. ha! She figures it was good practice. A sweater for Henry seems to motivate her well. ;)

I have been reading every day. You can see on my sidebar the latest books I have read.

Thank you for stopping in with me today my friends. I am so glad you did. You encourage me.

Glory be to God for all things!

Stitching and praying,
Vickie
My two little garden pals sunbathing.

17 comments:

Annie said...

What a fun craft club! Second sock disease.. a common knitter's problem. Always more fun to do the first one!

Good luck at the fair!

Анна Гончарова said...

Желаю удачи в вязании!

Margaret said...

Good luck at the fair! Hope you have fun! Emerson and Madeleine are quite the knitters! Very impressive!!

Manuela said...

Have a wonderful day.
Greetings, Manuela

Carol said...

Oh, I'll bet you're so excited for your trip to the fair, Vickie--good luck on your entries! I'm so impressed with your kids' knitting--wow! I really do need to learn how to knit someday soon... Happy weekend to you!

Ele said...

enjoy your trip to the fair!
happy weekend
ele

Vicki said...

Good luck at the fair!

Christina said...

Best of luck on your fair entries. Your knitting club is doing great!

Angela Tucker said...

Have a wonderful time! Be sure to take lots of pictures...you know how we are! LOL Good luck on your entries.

gominam said...

ooh, so exciting, good luck with the entries, takes lots of pics, have fun! I see they got your skill, great knitting:)

Bea said...

Enjoy the fair - and good luck! Very impressive knitting.

Brigitte said...

I wish you all the best with yout pieces at the state fair.
Wow, your children's knitting is awesome. They improve their skills very fast.

Annette-California said...

How exciting! Have fun at the fair and hope you get a ribbon! I'm so impressed with Emerson's & Madeleine's knitting! They both do beautiful work. love Annette

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Good luck Vickie.
Great knitting by the members of your club. Your son's sock tension looks almost perfect,certainly better than mine. I am sure Henry will like his sweater:)
Great photo of your gardening companions.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Your kids' projects are amazing! Great job, and good luck with the fair! :D

rosey175 said...

Haha it seems the second sock syndrome strikes again. The first one looks great though. :D Glad to hear your crafty club has continued on~

Meari said...

Wish I had a craft club! Your project looks great.