Calendar Poodle SAL

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Oh Henry!

Good Morning friends! I hope you are doing well. I hope you are doing better than little Henry. Do you know what this means?
Yup! Yesterday he was neutered. Not an ordinary neuter either. He had one down and one up in his abdomen. Two incisions. So he gets to wear this little lampshade on his neck. ;) He also had his teeth cleaned, they were awful. He had one back molar removed. It was loose. His teeth are beautiful and white now. He has wonderful breath now too. =) He is sleeping on my lap as usual again. Kinda hard to type over this plastic E-collar around his neck though.

I took advantage of our closing JoAnn store and bought this Waverly home dec fabric and recovered our kitchen chairs. Using the staple gun jacked up my pain, thankfully just for one day.

My in-laws gave me this sweet rabbit topiary a few days ago. Funny, because Brian had bought me a moss covered poodle topiary form. I found a cute, tiny sedum called Goldenleaf Stonecrop, to cover the afro and the tail.
If only the form were skinny, it would look just like Henry. The right color and short, sweet ears. We will see how this grows.

Sorry, I have not stitched in a week. Busy doing things around the home. Must pretty it up outside and in for Jacob's upcoming graduation party with all the relatives. Have all the annuals bought and planted now. Need to keep cleaning up garden beds. It's getting there.

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! I do so appreciate it. I am blessed to call you my friends.Take care now. Have a fabulous day in the Lord.

Reading, Planting and Praying,
Vickie

21 comments:

Vicki said...

Poor little Henry...
The topiary's are both so cute!

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

oh beautiful pictures ... I love the dog

bisous de la FRance

Shirley said...

Good Morning Vickie, Poor Henry is right, but he is where he wants to be right in your lap. Did your JoAnn's have other competition? That is where I like to shop for several of my crafting ideas. They give Hobby Lobby competition here. Your little rabbit and poodle are so cute. Isn't May flying. Have a wonderful day. Hugs and Prayers from your Missouri Friend.

Carol said...

Aww... poor little, Henry--hope he feels better soon.

Your chairs look great, Vickie, but I'm sorry to hear JoAnn's is closing...do you have other stores nearby?

Love the little rabbit that your inlaws gave you--how sweet!

Margaret said...

I hope Henry isn't too miserable, poor thing. :( Not fun to wear one of those collars. :( And ouch on 2 incisions too! Good luck with getting ready for all the celebrations!

Furry Bottoms said...

Poor, poor Henry!! We've had a dog that had that same kind of surgery with one up in and one down. It will heal fast! :)

Dirty Martini Queen said...

Poor little Henry and the cone of shame. I'm sure sweet Mabel isn't making too much fun of him for wearing it.
I like the toparies and I have that exact fabric on my Granny's stepstool in my kitchen.
Don't overdo the cleaning because remember the people aren't there to see the house, they are there to see your family. Enjoy it!

Catherine said...

Oh sweet Henry!!! Hope he's feeling okay!

Pam in IL said...

Aww, poor Henry. They sure know how to get sympathy when they wear that e-collar, don't they!

These nice spring days are perfect for getting the outside work done.

Trace4J said...

Oh sweetie pie.
He doesnt look to happy either.
Soon enough.
I love the chairs and the fabric is beautiful.
Woolie Hugs

Varla Lee said...

Oooouuuch!! Poor sweet little "puchi-puchi" I hope he will stay right soon. Give him thousands of kisses, but also for the girl. Hope you feel better too, what I mean is that we can live as a "symbiosis". Kisses dear Vickie.

cucki said...

Oh dear..cutie baby..kisses
I love the chairs and the fabric is beautiful too..
Big hugs x

Simply Victoria said...

Your fabric for the chair cushions is pretty. What a blessed find! I think we need to share notes for our sons' grad parties! I've been busy too making tons of lists, menu planning, cleaning. You get it, I'm sure. ;)

Beth said...

Poor Henry! I hope he is doing better now. I currently have a cat (Solomon) also wearing a cone of shame and he does NOT like it.

Melanie said...

Awww, the poor little thing. He's going to be so much less stressed now though without all those boy hormones to contend with.

Very pretty fabric! I love vintage-y cabbage roses.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Poor Henry--I know you will give him extra TLC for all his trauma.

The JoAnn fabric is lovely

Annette-California said...

Aw sweet Henry! I know your giving him TLC. When I read you recovered your chairs I couldn't wait to see what fabric you chose. Then I saw it...Love the pale pinks and roses Vickie. Beautiful. Very lovely. I bet you enjoy seeing them each time you walk by. love Annette

Giovanna said...

Poor little thing... I hope he recovers quickly.

KimM said...

Poor Henry. I know you will give him lots of tender care. Love the fabric on the chairs!!
Give Henry a kiss from me -
KimM

butterfly said...

Poor little Henry , but he will soon forget .
Love your chairs ,what talent you have .

Lillie said...

Hope little Hendry is recovering well now.

Well done on he chair.